Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Patience
I have never been the most patient person in the world... to say the least. Based on the fact that Allie came early and I have been dilated 2 centimeters for a few weeks now, I feel like Jack will make his entrance a little ahead of schedule. But this might be a time that God teaches me a little lesson about who is in control and that patience is a virtue! So for now I will really try to not wish time away. I will try to relax, SLEEP and enjoy the end of pregnancy. As uncomfortable as it can be (nausea still present), it really is such a miraculous thing to watch your body transform and grow a human life inside! I am also trying to spend a lot of quality time with Allie and make her feel really special. She really is sooooo excited about being a big sister, but I still worry about how much her little life is going to change. I want to be with her all the time, I even want her to sleep with me! Fortunately though, Ryan puts his foot down and carries her to her room when he comes to bed (now is not the time to start bad sleeping habits!). As far as the nursery goes, we have two more pictures to hang and then it will be completed. I will also need to get the valances monogrammed when we decide on a middle name (after he is born, I'm guessing). I tried to take a few pictures to post, but they didn't come out very well. It is hard to take pictures of a little room! Cue, Lish. Our to-do list for things around the house keeps growing. Ryan really is about to kill me. It frustrates him that we can never actually get through the list because I keep adding things to the bottom. Isn't that how Home Owning is though? Isn't there always a list of things that can/need to be done? We are having an electrician come tomorrow to install a few new exterior light fixtures, and a chimney sweep is coming to check and clean our fireplace. It will be so nice when the cooler weather gets here so we can build fires again (and wear jeans and boots and sip drink red wine!). I have this nice little vision of us sitting around the fireplace snuggling with that little baby. Can you tell that fall is my favorite time of year? :) But for now it is still 92 degrees outside, we're still running our AC, still wearing shorts & flip flops, and I am STILL pregnant!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment