Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Majorly Productive Weekend

We opted out of the lake this weekend :(  in order to get some things done around the house.  Ryan mowed and cleaned up the yard while I painted the crib (outdoors with a mask).  We got rid of some furniture from our mud/junk room, hung a drapery rod and panels in our bedroom, hung a new picture and wall lamps in the den, created a reading nook for Allie, and last but not least... WE PAINTED THE STRIPES ON THE NURSERY FLOOR!   Even though taping the stripes off was very time consuming, the whole project wasn't as big of a deal as we had thought.  And we are very pleased with the results!

 Allie's little reading nook.  It still needs big pillows or the bean bags, but she loves to climb in there, close her curtains, and read.  It is so cute!
When we got the new sofa we lost our end table with the lamp, so it has been very dark in our little den corner.  Hence the new wall lamps!  I am still looking for some sort of shutter to go over the picture like a little roof, or under as a shelf.  But for now we are just enjoying being able to see!
  New nursery door finally in place.
Freshly painted crib.  And of course we used a non-toxic, lead and VOC-free paint.
Saved the best for last.....the stripes!!!

5 comments:

Ashlie said...

Love the floor!How did you do that?

Rebecca said...

Well first we had Mark :) paint the floor one coat of oil-based cream (if you used oil-based then you don't have to polyurethane it). Then Ryan and I taped off the stripes and painted them Woodsmoke. The taping was the most consuming part, but at least we already had our lines drawn for us!

Christina Soto said...

Looks awesome, Rebecca! Allie's and Jack's rooms look great! So fun! Like your blog background - did you just change it? I look at the blogs through google reader, so it doesn't show the actual blog page, just the posts. So I don't need to tell you I simply changed my template since they updated new ones. Gotta work on a new web title soon!

Anonymous said...

Um...wow! Great job!

~Erin @ Cultivating Home

Amanda S. said...

I just LOVE that floor! SOOOO cute Rebecca!!!